WASHINGTON — The Trump administration has released a second batch of previously classified government files on alleged UFO sightings, expanding a public disclosure effort aimed at lifting secrecy around what officials now call unidentified anomalous phenomena, or UAPs.
The Department of War published the latest tranche on Friday under the Presidential Unsealing and Reporting System for UAP Encounters, known as PURSUE. The online collection is part of a government-wide review ordered by President Donald Trump to identify, declassify and release unresolved UAP-related records held by federal agencies.
Officials said the latest release includes documents, audio, images and more than 50 videos involving unexplained sightings reported by military and civilian witnesses. The material includes accounts of green orbs, discs, fireballs and unusual aerial objects, but officials stressed that the files involve unresolved cases rather than confirmed evidence of extraterrestrial life.
One of the most detailed records is a 116-page report describing 209 sightings near a military facility in Sandia, New Mexico, between 1948 and 1950. Other materials include military sensor footage from the Middle East, videos of objects moving near aircraft and historical NASA audio in which astronauts described seeing flashes or streaks of light during space missions.
The Pentagon said the release follows the first tranche published on May 8, 2026, and that more files will be made public on a rolling basis. Since the launch of the government UFO portal, officials said the site has received more than one billion hits worldwide, reflecting intense public interest in the subject.
Defense officials said the goal is transparency, not speculation. The Department of War said unresolved cases can remain unexplained for several reasons, including limited data, incomplete sensor information or lack of corroborating evidence. It also invited private-sector experts and researchers to review the records.
The release has renewed debate over how much the U.S. government knows about unexplained aerial activity. UAP researchers welcomed the publication, while some scientists cautioned that unusual lights, sensor artifacts or classified military activity can sometimes be mistaken for unexplained objects.
The Pentagon’s All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office has previously said it has found no verified evidence that UAP cases are linked to alien technology. Still, the new disclosures are likely to fuel public curiosity and congressional pressure for greater openness.
For now, the files offer more questions than answers: hundreds of reports, decades of sightings and no definitive explanation for many of them.



















